Contact: nikhilrajgupta09@gmail.com

Love in the Supreme Ethics

Wednesday 13 July 2016

{II Corinthians 12} -Power of Weakness-



I pray for God to strengthen me. Over and over I implore for Him to make me sturdier and better able to accomplish the missions He has on my life.
But I fail. And fail. And fail. I pray one last time, strengthen me.
Then it struck me. I’m praying for the wrong thing. Instead of imploring for Him to strengthen me, I need to pray for Him to be my strength.
But he said to me, ‘My grace is enough for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’
Therefore, hereon I will boast all the more joyfully of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Now I am contented with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities.
For when I am weak, then I am strong (2 Corinthians 12:9 – 12:10)
What a radical move. Instead of asking God to remove the difficulties of life maybe all this time I should have been praying for Him to be my strength in all these things.
Stop asking for Him to make me different than I am. Stop demanding to be something I am not. Stop pleading for Him to take away these “THORNS”.
I have had it all the wrong way. I am inadequate, but His grace makes me adequate. I am weak and His power is made perfect in that weakness.
I wanna hide my flaws, mend them and delight in my victories. Instead, I am to boast joyfully of my weakness. Trying to make myself tough only leads to exhaustion, yet Christ’s endless power overshadows me. I am dissatisfied with my weakness and problems but I can decide to have satisfaction knowing He has a plan for it.

Lord let me be weak, so that You might be my strength.



Source: http://www.actuary.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/InterviewQuestionWhatAreYourWeaknesses.jpg 

0 comments: